‘A Heart of Gold’ – Crowdfunding Campaign
credit ‘Yard B’
- ‘A Heart of Gold’ jewellery collaboration inspired by the fact that ‘women are twice as likely to die of coronary heart disease than breast cancer in the UK’
- 100 completely unique, perfectly imperfect ‘Heart of Gold’ necklaces designed to empower, educate and raise awareness of heart disease in women.
- ‘A Heart of Gold’ launch collection is hoping to raise over £5000 for the British Heart Foundation for heart month this year.
- Bespoke ‘Make Your Own Heart of Gold’ necklace kits available for an even more personal and unique necklace.
- We are hoping to raise awareness as well as vital funds for more important research into prevention and treatment of heart disease through the British Heart Foundation.
In honour of Heart Month this year, Kerrie Kent (founder of the Gold Hearted Club) and (Emma René jeweller behind the Narratorium) have joined forces to design a unique collection of jewellery to raise awareness of heart disease in women as well funds for the British Heart Foundation.
Motivated not only by Kerrie’s personal experience of living with congenital heart disease and her passion for fundraising, but also the surprising fact that ‘women are twice as likely to die of coronary heart disease than breast cancer in the UK’, the duo were inspired to collaborate on a collection of jewellery which would encourage women to speak about heart disease and take better care of their hearts.
Their debut jewellery concept, ‘A Heart of Gold’ is to create 100 unique, perfectly imperfect, hand sculpted gold hearted necklaces, each one symbolic of the many precious hearts that have been shaped in different ways by heart disease.
credit ‘Yard B’
Kerrie and Emma hope that these pieces will be worn to empower those already affected by heart disease or by those simply connected to and passionate about the cause, who would like to help raise awareness of heart disease in women and ways to prevent it.
To achieve this, they hope the unusual organic nature of the heart charm, sitting on a necklace in a very visible position on the chest, will spark all-important conversations on the subject and encourage more women to take their heart health more seriously.
They have also designed a bespoke ‘make your own’ heart of gold necklace kit for those wanting to create their very own unique necklace.
‘Women are twice as likely to die from coronary heart disease, the main cause of a heart attack, than of breast cancer in the UK.’ British Heart Foundation
“I want my own journey of congenital heart disease to educate women around the symptoms of heart disease. Our collection of perfectly, imperfect heart necklaces empower the wearer to share their story, and start a conversation. The funds we raise will go towards more essential research carried out by the British Heart Foundation’. Kerrie Kent
“I was really moved by Kerrie’s story and loved the idea of collaborating on a creative and charitable project so that I could help her tell her story and raise more vital funds for the British Heart Foundation.” Emma René
Crowdfunder link: https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/p/gold-hearted-club-x-narratorium
Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsjJxFSm73w&t=1s