Advertiser Terms & Conditions
BASIS OF CONTRACT
- In these Terms & Conditions, the ‘Advertiser’ shall mean either an advertising agency where an advertising agency is used or any person, company and/or its agent placing orders for an insertion in the publication provided or commissioned by Sideways Media Ltd (‘Publisher’).
- By placing an order, Advertiser accepts and agrees to be bound by these Terms & Conditions in full.
- Where the Advertiser is an agency or media buyer, the Advertiser guarantees that it is authorised by the advertiser to place the advertisement with Publisher, and the Advertiser will compensate Publisher for any claim made by such advertiser against Publisher.
CONTENT, DELIVERY, ARTWORK AND APPROVAL OF ADVERTISEMENT
- Advertiser agrees that their advertisement does not contain any material that shall infringe any copyright, right of trademark, right of privacy, or any other right of any nature. Advertisement will not be accepted if it is deemed by Publisher to be obscene, libellous, blasphemous, socially unacceptable or defamatory.
- Advertiser agrees that any information supplied in connection with the advertisement is accurate, complete, true and not misleading. It is the Advertiser’s responsibility to check the correctness of the advertisements. Publisher is not responsible for advertisement content.
- Artwork must be provided no later than the deadline specified in the Booking Confirmation Email.
- Artwork must be provided in the exact dimensions specified in the Booking Confirmation Email. If Publisher is required to resize advertisement (by request of Advertiser, or if advertisement is received too late to request changes from Advertiser), Advertiser will be charged on a time and materials basis (based on hourly rate of £80 per hour).
- All contents of Advertisements are subject to the Publisher’s approval. Publisher may reject, cancel or require amendments to any advertisement that it considers unsuitable or contrary to these Terms & Conditions, and may remove, not print, suspend or change the position of any such advertisement.
- Publisher does not guarantee special position or placement in publication unless specified in the Booking Confirmation Email.
- If written copy instructions are not received by agreed copy date, no guarantee can be given that proofs will be supplied or corrections made, and the Publisher reserves the right to repeat the most appropriate copy.
- Basic layout of advertisements is provided at a small charge, which includes one concept/layout of Advertiser-supplied text and images in a design deemed appropriate by Publisher. Any revision requests will be charged to Advertiser on a time and materials basis (based on hourly rate of £50 per hour). All adverts designed by Publisher remain the property of the Publisher. Costs as follows: DPS: £60; Full page: £30 Half page: £20; Quarter page: £12. Release of high-resolution artwork to Client will incur an additional charge.
- Bespoke advert design based on client’s design brief, and including up to three revisions, will be charged at an additional rate as follows: DPS: £225; Full page: £125; Half page: £70; Quarter page: £40. Bespoke advert designs will be provided to the Client in high-resolution format if requested at no charge.
- Advertiser must approve any proof(s) designed by Publisher within 2 business days of receiving said proof. If Publisher does not receive approval/response from Advertiser within 2 business days, Publisher reserves the right to print copy as-is.
RATES AND PAYMENT
- Advertisement rates are subject to revision at any time.
- Advertisement rates are exclusive of Value Added Tax, which will be added at the prevailing rate(s) when the advertisement is invoiced.
- Bookings £200 and under are due at time of booking on a prepaid basis.
- Bookings over £200: Advertiser must pay within 14 days after the date of invoice. Advertiser shall bear all costs, expenses, and reasonable solicitor’s fees in any action brought to recover payment under these Terms & Conditions.
CANCELLATION AND TERMINATION
- Cancellation of an advertisement by Advertiser must be in writing (email) at least seven days prior to copy deadline date as listed on Booking Confirmation Email. Should Advertiser fail to meet this condition, They will be required to pay for the space reserved at the agreed rate.
- If series bookings are cancelled before the completion of advertising campaign, Advertiser will be invoiced an amount equal to the difference between discounted rate received during multi-issue campaign and rate card prices at the time of advertisement publication. Advertiser relinquishes any right to that series discount to which he was previously entitled. Publisher reserves the right to waive this rule in certain circumstances agreed by a Director of Sideways Media Ltd.