Real hair extensions vs. Synthetic
We all have been to a point in our lives where we were quite disappointed with our hair or have thought we might have cut them way too short, and now we want that voluminous and long hair back almost instantly after the hairstyling.
However, it takes a lot of time to grow our hair back to a longer length, which can be quite frustrating sometimes. For things like this, fashion experts came up with a great idea of creating hair extensions for people like us to satisfy our needs without much wait.
There are several different kinds of hair extensions, but the two primary kinds are real or human hair extensions and synthetic hair extensions. Here is the basic difference between both these extension types, and you can check out these hair extension ranges for your ease.
Real Hair Extensions
Real hair extensions are also known as human hair extensions, and as you can guess by the name, this type of hair extension is made from actual human hair, which is collected from hair salons or from any kind of hair donation made by people.
However, there are different grades of human or real hair depending on how they have been treated, sorted or collected. This means that you can find different qualities of human hair, and the higher the quality, the smooth will be your hair extension.
- They blend in with your hair better and add in a natural volume and length to your hair
- They can last longer for up to 60 to 90 days, which means more than two months
- They are easy to maintain and offer styling versatility
- They have a smoother and silkier texture
- They can be costly to afford
- They can fall in rain or humidity
Synthetic Hair Extensions
On the other hand, synthetic hair extensions are made up of plastic or any kind of similar synthetic material but are made to look exactly like human hair. However, they have a different texture than the actual human hair extensions.
Synthetic hair extensions also come in a variety of permanent and temporary options and can be used to carry around without getting into much hassle. They are great for people who want to attach pre-styled hair to their head and get away from all the effort of taking out time and styling your hair.
- They are less pricey than the real hair extensions
- They are easy to maintain and do not require washes every now and then
- They come in the pre-styled form and can be used for instant change in look
- Synthetic hair extension can not last long and can only be used for up to only a few months as compared to human hair extensions
- They can not be styled according to your needs or demands
- They do not merge well in your hair and have a rather rough or weird texture unlike your own natural hair
- Synthetic hair extensions are not heat-friendly at all and can also melt if they come in contact with a hot curling or straightening iron