Football Escapes Auctions Series of Premier League Football Shirts to Raise Funds for NHS HEROES
Bid on Shirts Worn by Bobby Zamora, Joe Cole and more with Football Escapes’ Silent Auction
Football Escapes, the tour operator and childrens’ premier football coaching company co-founded by footballers Rio Ferdinand, Bobby Zamora and premiership football coach Sam Hubert, is auctioning off shirts previously worn by Premier League stars to raise money for NHS HEROES.
Announcement video by Joe Cole, HEROES founding member and Football Escapes coach here.
All proceeds will go to HEROES, an incredible fund set up by medical professionals to support the welfare and wellbeing of NHS staff as they fight COVID-19. Football Escapes coach and former England star Joe Cole is one of the founding members, along with his wife Carly.
The shirts have all been worn by former professional players – and current Football Escapes coaches – at pivotal moments in footballing history; the latest shirt up for auction is the Chelsea shirt worn by Joe Cole during the FA Cup Final vs. Portsmouth, his last game for the team. To bid, follow this link.
Previous lots have included a shirt worn by Bobby Zamora for Queens Park Rangers, during the 2014 Playoff Final, which raised an incredible £6,000.
Upcoming auction lots include:
- A Chelsea shirt worn by Joe Cole during the FA Cup Final vs. Portsmouth, his last game for the team
- An England shirt previously worn by Declan Rice
The silent auction is the latest initiative from Football Escapes, which last month launched a holiday competition to raise funds for NHS Heroes. Every penny of the £10 entry fee for the competition, which gives families the chance to win the Football Escapes holiday of their dreams to Parklane, a Luxury Collection Resort Limassol, Cyprus, will be donated to the charity.
Entries must be made by midnight (GMT) on Friday 24th April with the winning family selected at random on Friday 1st May. Holiday dates to be confirmed once it’s safe to travel. Terms and conditions apply. For more details, see here.
THE CAUSE: NHS HEROES
NHS Heroes is an incredible fund set up by medical professionals to support the welfare and wellbeing of NHS staff as they fight COVID-19. NHS Heroes aims to support the physical, mental, and day-to-day wellbeing of NHS staff across the nation, by:
- Supporting the protection of NHS staff on the frontline.
- Providing counselling and psychological services.
- Setting up a hassle-free small grants service to support childcare, transport, provide perks for hospital facilities and more.
- Using its platform to also provide public and professional education resources on coronavirus, and build a cross-professional platform to help share tips and advice.