Indy Power’s Roast Tomato & Basil Buckwheat Risotto
Feel good chef Indy Power has created a series of delicious one-pot recipes ideal for cooking in Denby’s Cast Iron and Oven to Tableware ranges.
Both beautiful and practical, the collections are perfect for hassle-free cooking. To find out more, visit www.denby.co.uk.
The third of Indy’s recipes is a comforting creation that’s ideal for Mother’s Day: Roast Tomato & Basil Buckwheat Risotto.
Indy says, “This is the perfect dish to ease you out of winter and into spring and would be a delicious Mother’s Day dinner.”
Gluten free, dairy free and vegan.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 200g of Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 White Onion, Diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 1 Cup of Buckwheat Groats (180g)
- 2 Cups of Stock (500ml)
- 1 x 400g Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk (125ml)
- 1 Large Handful of Fresh Basil, Finely Chopped
- Optional to serve: parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 200’C.
- Place the cherry tomatoes on a roasting tray and drizzle them with a little olive oil. Season with sea salt and pepper and pop them in to roast for about 20 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large pan on a medium heat and add in the onion and the garlic. Cook until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Pour the chopped tomatoes into your stock and stir well.
- Add the buckwheat to the pan and toss well.
- Pour in about a quarter of the stock/tomato mixture and let everything simmer until the liquid is almost all absorbed. Keep repeating in similar amounts until all of the stock is used up.
- When almost all of the liquid is absorbed, add in the almond milk and mix well.
- By this time, the tomatoes should be roasted. Add them to the pan with the fresh basil, stirring well.
- Cook your risotto until your desired wetness and serve hot with a sprinkling of fresh basil on top and some parmesan if desired.